● big improvements in your English for further university-level study or professional advancement
● the best score you can get in your IELTS or other Cambridge exam.
● confidence in a range of social, professional and academic situations, such as giving presentations and managing group work.
● to be able to write university standard essays
● the chance to follow your own interests in English through supported self-study sessions.
● to learn lots of language, but to also learn more about London, UK culture and the world.
● to integrate into UK life while in London so you can really make the most of your time here.
● to produce a great personal statement to help you continue your studies
Well, English pathways is the course for you. On top of 15 hours of Essential English to develop your social, professional and academic language, you also get:
● a one-hour class of language and discussion focused on an aspect of UK culture, combined with a tour to a related place of interest (lasting at least one hour)
● three hours additional academic English with a focus on language and skills for IELTS and university life.
● two hours of guided self-study where you can focus on your individual interests with support from a teacher in the class
● a one-hour skills class on presentations, seminars, meetings and other aspects of academic and professional life.
Every two weeks, you will receive a one-to-one tutorial to talk about your progress, set you goals to achieve and give help and advice on how to follow your interests outside of school.
The English Pathways timetable also offers you the variation and individual attention you need to keep you motivated over a long course.
* The visit or activity lasts a minimum of 1.25 hours. All entrance fees included. Transport costs not included.
To find out more about our culture and social programme, click here.
Maximum class size 15.